Prayerfulness: Discussion Questions
Prayerfulness: Awakening to the Fullness of Life  by Robert Wicks
Throughout Prayerfulness: Awakening to the Fullness of Life, Robert Wicks uses poignant stories to illustrate the power of centered, deliberate meditation through life's trials and joys. In the final third of the book, he outlines a prayerful 30-day retreat.
Members of a reading group can record their experiences as they walk through the retreat, asking themselves some of the same questions that led the people in the book to greater clarity. When meeting in person or online, the group can share these writings. A group leader can begin the discussion with the following questions:
- What surprises has God put in your life?
- How does spontaneity lead us to greater union with God?
- When has God given you an unexpected break or a time to heal?
- What would you do if you had an unexpected day off? A week? A year?
- Who are the spiritual guides who speak most clearly to you?
Because of the nature of the retreat, the discussion may lead to greater intimacy among the group members. To honor the sacredness of this sharing, conclude the meeting with a prayer of thanksgiving. The prayer can be spontaneous or borrowed.