Holding God in My Hands - Discussion Questions
Discussion questions for Holding God in My Hands: Personal Encounters with the Divine by Paul Wilkes(Liguori Publications)
1. Paul Wilkes writes about the “presence of God” or “real presence” as he visits patients and gives them the Eucharist. What do you think he means by using these words?
2. How has your own appreciation of the Eucharist changed over the years?
3. Paul’s prayers vary from patient to patient - what do you think of the prayers? Are they appropriate?
4. Sometimes Paul encounters anger from the patients – about their illness, the Church, etc. What would you do in these types of situations?
5. Do you think a layperson is more effective in this work than a priest?