If the pope were stranded on an island... Top 10 pop albums
In its continued effort to speak to the wider culture more frequently, the Vatican’s semi-official newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano, released a Top 10 list of rock and pop albums for all time. Here is their "semi-serious" guide, perfect if you’re stranded on a desert island, the newspaper said:
1. Revolver by The Beatles
2. If I Could Only Remember My Name by David Crosby
3. Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
4. Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
5. The Nightfly by Donald Fagen of Steely Dan
6. Thriller by Michael Jackson
7. Graceland by Paul Simon
8. Achtung Baby by U2
9. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis
10. Supernatural by Carlos Santana
I put this list in the Catholic Tastes section for the April issue of U.S. Catholic magazine and every time a fellow editor gives me back a proofread page, they says, "Really? Oasis?"
What do you make of the selections, or even the fact that they bothered to make a list?